Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Mighty Titans? Maybe. Incredible Lendale White? I don't think so!

The headline of this NFL.com article by Teresa Walker of the AP, seems a little off to me.

I personally have to disagree with the headline. I can't see how he "overshadows" bush. Quite the contrary. I for one was never sold on the rushing td stats. Any good offense will be able to get to the red zone, where it's often a one yard push from the line that gets the back in. I knew LT was the greatest not from his rushing td record, but for having 100 rec and over 1600 yrds rushing during the 2003 season. Now thats what I call an all around, versatile back. LW is averaging less carries and yards per carry the Chris Johnson. He averages 3.6 ypc which is ok for a workhorse back, only he isn't the workhorse because Johnson has more carries(LW-90 Carries, Johnson-122 Carries). Plus Johnson avgs. over 5 ypc.
Back to what I was saying before... Bush is that talented, versatile back that LW clearly isn't. Their rushing numbers are remarkably similar(Bush 87 carries 294 yards), but remember that LW had one monster run of 80 yrds(longest from scrimmage this season). In my opinion when that happens, it's usually bad coverage. Now let's look at their rec. stats. LW- 3 rec for paltry 8 yrds. Reggie Bush-42 RECEPTIONS FOR 366 YARDS. So Bush in fact is doing a lot more for his team's offense then LW.
So let me ask you, when you read that headline, do you wonder who really overshadows who???

2 comments:

Sam said...

i totally agree! plus Lendale is playin behind one of the top O'lines in the game!

J Goldman said...

you also have to look at the fact that bush is playing in what is the highest scoring offense in the league so they ar going to look to get him the ball in many ways,white is simply a truck of a runnning back ala "the bus" who on occasion also got big runs that made his stats look better.